If you need us, you can always find us at @Mailbutler on Twitter or on Facebook at facebook.com/mailbutler. If you have technical questions or need support, visit support.mailbutler.io. We are always happy to help!
June 18th, 2019
- We're improving the way we welcome new Chrome users to Mailbutler, so after installation, we automatically open or reload Gmail so you can start working with Mailbutler in your email provider right away!
- We realize that keychain errors can be confusing sometimes, so we improved our error feedback to be more helpful.
- We've improved our tracking method to avoid self tracking.
- For those that never turn off their devices (or yourselves for that matter), we've fixed our token refresh so it will no longer fail no matter how long you stay inactive. So go ahead, take a nap. Mailbutler will be ready to work when you are.
- If you came across a "server authentication missing" error, don't worry, we know where our servers are. We've rewired our system to prevent false alarms.
- Keyboard shortcut lovers, listen up! We made some for just for creating notes and tasks within a message view.
- For those on the paid plans, we didn't mean to scare you with wrongly-timed warnings of used up actions.
- We tweaked our changelog so the latest changes (like these!) are visible and not grayed out.
June 11th, 2019
- Catch up! We're running faster than ever before.
- When dropping in a message template from the Compose view, the relevant subject placeholder will be inserted if the subject line is still empty.
- Keyboard shortcut lovers, listen up! We made one just for message templates.
- In case you were one of the few who experienced a rare issue with installation, that's been fixed.
- No, your eyes weren't twitching. We fixed a minor display glitch in the Sidebar that was preventing it from loading correctly.
- We all prefer when our preferences are working, so they are now correctly applied when replying to messages.
- When using message templates, placeholders in the subject line are no longer lost in translation.
June 4th, 2019
- First impressions are incredibly important, so we've made our communication even more clear should you ever come across a login or registration error.
- Sometimes a message template wouldn't work properly when composing a message - an extra bracket here, or a missing period there. So we've provided more helpful messages so you can quickly locate and fix the error, and get on your way to sending your message.
- When selecting from the message template dropdown, subject lines are now visible. It detects whether you've already set a message subject, or if left empty, will insert the template's default subject.
- Outlook and Mailbutler resolved their differences about creating required folders, so they're back to being compatible friends.
- The summer sun helped us defrost a frozen compose window when sending a message untracked.
- We now support spaces in macOS short usernames. Use them wisely.
May 28th, 2019
- Activity tooltips have decided to behave properly again, and are back to displaying its full content as intended.
- No, your eyes weren't twitching. We mixed a minor display glitch in the Companion App.
- For those that experienced issues logging in, we've repaved it back to a smooth experience.
- In case you were one of the few who experienced an installation crash, we apologize for the unintentional teasers. Please download Mailbutler again and explore all our time-saving features!
- We fixed a possible issue with tracking when rescheduling a message, so now you can go back to rescheduling confidently and capriciously as ever before.
- Tracked links are back on track - there was a potential break in tracking links when unscheduling a message.
- Hover effect of Gmail toolbar buttons is as hovery as it should be.
- We fixed a faulty issue with default tracking settings. Your desired tracking preferences are now applied when creating a new reply.
May 21st, 2019
- Remaining days in trial are now conveniently shown in preferences and are at the top of the Companion App's menu. This will help you keep an eye on the days left to try out all our business features.
- We cleaned up some hiccups with logging in with social accounts.
- In case you were one of the few who experienced a crash, that's been fixed.
- Gone are the issues you once had with saving your favorite avatar and most-used keyboard shortcut.
- We wound up our clocks to atomic clock precision, so tracking details are now back to showing the correct time intervals.
May 14th, 2019
- We improved the way Mailbutler asks for access to Mail accounts when using Snooze & Send Later.
- Fixed some issues that could occur when trying to use an iCloud account.
- Fixed an issue regarding syncing of signatures.
- Fixed the positioning of tooltips.
May 7th, 2019
- We polished some rough edges and delivered general enhancements here and there. Mailbutler is now better than it was.
- Mail was discarding empty email drafts that already had Notes and/or Tasks attached to them, without asking. This sadly meant orphaned Note and Task items in your Dashboard. We stepped in, now Mail will ask before closing.
- Delayed the time Mailbutler shows tooltips for Notes and Tasks. By ‘delayed’, we mean ‘finally they're not showing up as soon as your cursor touches the corner of a note'.
- In fact we also adjusted the position of these tooltips, so they don't cover up any icons too.
- Improved the way tutorials are shown for new users.
- Part of the menu in the companion app was cut off and hidden. So was the changelog window. We did a little magic and now they're showing all beautiful and fine.
- A bug kept bringing up the login screen to users in companion app, even though the user is already logged in. Instead of imagining a tiny bug pushing forward a computer screen, just know that we’ve extinguished it.
April 30th, 2019
- Undo Send will now politely returns the focus to whatever app held it last when dismissed.
- We optimized how Mailbutler accesses macOS keychain.
- In Tracking Details, if a tracked link is too long to be displayed in the window, you can now view and copy the full URL as a tooltip.
- Some of the default keyboard shortcuts weren't properly loaded on launch. They're back now.
- In very rare cases, some emails don’t have a message ID, making it impossible for Mailbutler to add Notes and Tasks. Instead of letting you furiously click ‘Add Note’ with nothing happening (it’s not you), we’ll now inform you when that happens (...it’s also not us).
- Minor fixes to styling of Tracking Details when there’s a longer list of tracked actions.
- Corrected how usage statistics of Message Templates and Shared Message Templates of teams are recorded in compose view.
- Improved saving and updating of Follow-up Reminders.
- Fixed an issue that caused Tasks and Follow-up Reminders to be saved without a message.
- Also fixed a weird bug where deleting a Follow-up Reminder creates a new one.
April 23rd, 2019
- We made a few improvements to optimize how a user can install, uninstall and update Mailbutler.
- You can now apply a customized label color to Mailbutler's Snooze and Scheduled folders!
- Fixed an issue that could result in 'fullName' not being rendered as expected when using Liquid templates.
- Corrected the display of Notes with multiple lines in the companion app.
- Fixed an issue where some users' Mailbutler folders (Snooze and Schedule) would disappear from the left sidebar menu when they refresh the page.
- Solved a problem where some users had non-clickable duplicates of Mailbutler labels created when they tried changing colors of the original labels.
April 16th, 2019
- We've completely redesigned Tracking Details from head to toe! Find out when someone opens your email or clicks on your links, and reveal powerful insights to how your email performed. Let us know what you think of the new design!
- New users can now log into the plugin directly after signing up from the companion app (possible thanks to the 24h email confirmation grace period).
- Resolved a rare UI glitch when using Send Later.
- You will now be automatically logged in when clicking Manage Teams from the sharing menu (previously, you would have to sign into the Dashboard.)
- General bug fixes and enhancenments to your favorite Gmail extension.
April 9th, 2019
- To our German speaking users... Mailbutler ist jetzt auch auf Deutsch verfügbar! 🤩 Here's how to change your language settings. Mailbutler's app will adjust to your device's system language, and you can also access your Dashboard in German.
- We've made it easier for new users to start using Mailbutler immediately after signup. New accounts will now have a full day to confirm the email address before they are logged out.
- General enhancements and small fixes to your favorite email extension in Apple Mail. Let us know what you think!
- Some general enhancements and small fixes to your favorite Gmail extension. Let us know what you think!
- Color of the login button for Google accounts was a little off, so we corrected it.
- Fixed an issue that caused Mailbutler to use up an action incorrectly for Tracking Details when the user opens a draft message.
April 2nd, 2019
- If you need help, you can now reach us via live chat in your Mailbutler Dashboard!
- Mailbutler will now show the number of emails you have scheduled next to the label of your 'Scheduled' folder, making it way easier to keep track of emails you've planned ahead of time.
- This week we've been busy preparing for Tracking Details revamp... 🤫
- We also introduced serialized processing of email accounts. This optimizes the way Mailbutler processes your accounts and avoids multiple connections at the same time.
- Did some polishing and beautifying on Integrations page.
- You can now simply drag an email draft to the 'Scheduled' folder to trigger Send Later! If you want to unschedule an email, simply drag them out of the folder again. (Note that dragging an email to 'Snoozed' folder will not trigger snoozing.)
- If Send Later got interrupted or it was taking longer than usual, Mailbutler will now show useful options to help you easily reschedule your email.
- With that, we also optimized the wording of Send Later options. Let us know if you spot them and find the changes to be helpful!
- We further stabilized the installation process of the plugin.
- Several minor enhancements to Mailbutler's functionalities.
- Made sure the mailbox icon for 'Mailbutler - Scheduled' is as crisp as it can be.
- Before this update, tooltip messages and previews appear almost right away when you hover across templates and signatures. We added a delay so you won't get bombarded with tips anymore.
- Fixed a rare issue with Link Tracking that caused some tracked links to be shown in the message instead of the original URL.
Mar 26th, 2019
- This update brings general enhancements and improvements to your favorite email plugin!
- Mailbutler Dashboard now looks nicer when you access it on a tablet. Give it a try!
- Chrome will no longer attempt to change your password each time you update your Mailbutler profile.
- Solved a bug that with DMA installed, some features (such as Unsubscribe and Undo Send) sometimes show up without colors. Honestly, life gets really dull when it's colorless. Luckily we managed to fix that immediately.
- Resolved a series of rare installation issues.
Mar 19th, 2019
- General enhancements and improvements to your favorite email productivity plugin. Not our most exciting update, we know. Nonetheless, you're amazing and we appreciate your time reading this. Actually, tweet us and let us know if find our notes useful.
Mar 12th, 2019
- You can now edit Signature Templates again in your Signature editor.
- Small functionality improvements and minor fixes. So small that sometimes they get unnoticed. If you spot something that works even better than before, you should tweet us and let us know.
- Tracking Details now looks sleek in Mail's Dark Mode.
Mar 5th, 2019
- Notarization: we're using extra verification provided by Apple, making it harder for malevolent third parties to interfere with it.
- Some say the best design changes and functionality improvements are often unnoticable. We gladly approve this statement with the list of minor changes made in this update.
- Mailbutler now looks gorgerous in Gmail Dark Mode!
- Solved issues that caused BCC to CRM to not work for certain users.
- Also resolved a rare installation problem that could prevent Mailbutler loading.
- Mailbutler was competing and clashing with other plugins in modifying Mail's dock icon. It's frankly a small space that they're fighting for, but Mailbutler will now get along in peace.
- Fixed a problem where under certain conditions, Mailbutler's pop over appears detached in the lower left screen corner. Yes, quite odd.
- We got carried away with the excitement of showing you what's new and improved in Mailbutler. So much that we forgot to set the 'What's new' notification to only appear once after each update, espeically after you've already read it. Won't happen again.
- Our awesome Gmail dev team extinguished a few persistent bugs and made Mailbutler run a lot smoother.
October 2nd, 2018
- Compatibility Mode: The new Mailbutler comes with new Snooze and Send Later functionalities which run when you are offline. However this means certain email servers are not supported. We therefore introduced compatibility mode, which will allow Snooze and Send Later to work normally again. *Please note that Snooze and Send Later for email accounts on compabitility mode will only run when your computer stays awake.
- Mailbutler now supports Outlook.com, Yahoo! and AOL email accounts!
- We're very excited to introduce the brand new Analytics tab, which gives you stat insights to your feature usage, saved time, and email performance enhanced by Mailbutler.
- Your Dashboard now comes with brand new beautiful widgets that bring you personalized insights to your Mailbutler usage. You can also catch up easily with product and blog updates through 'What's new' section on your Dashboard home.
- Find out and compare how you're using Mailbutler with the new Mailbutler Personality view on your Dashboard home.
- Mailbutler is now fully compatible with Gmail's new Material Design.
- We've removed Mailbutler's Snooze functionality since it is now a Gmail feature.
- Instead of asking for permission upon installation, Mailbutler will now request for account access only when you first use a feature that actually requires it (such as scheduling.)
- Better visual feedback on time selection
- Easier and smoother usage for Follow-up reminders!
- Mailbutler's UI is way more responsive now and reacts faster to changes. This includes sync between plugin and menu bar app.
- Signature Templates editor now runs smoother and better.
- Resolved an issue where all the visible contacts from the inbox showed in thread views contact sidebar after navigating from inbox to thread view.
- Improved stability of Tracking
- We've resolved some issues where some users' did not have their email meta information displayed in Dashboard.
- In certain cases installation under Mojave could fail. This shouldn't happen any more.
- In certain cases Mojave users coming from older versions of Mailbutler could end up with multiple plugins in Mail's 'Manage Plug-Ins…' preferences. Now there can only be one. This should also fix a case where an older version of Mailbutler would stick around and cause repeating alerts that an incompatible 'Mailbutler.mailbundle' was detected.
April 23rd, 2018
- It's our top priority as your service provider that you're informed of how we handle and store your data. With the new privacy settings on Dashboard you can now control how much information Mailbutler stores about your emails. The new privacy setting affects how Mailbutler informs you of messages that are tracked, snoozed, scheduled, or attached with a Note / Task on your Activity Feed.
- We've redesigned and optimized Notes and Tasks: it looks more compact and sleek, and it's now easier to share them with your Mailbutler team.
- We will share more details on the new privacy settings and new Notes and Tasks in our upcoming blogposts.
- You can now get an overview of all your emails enhanced by Mailbutler. This includes emails that are tracked, snoozed, scheduled, or with notes / tasks attached. The new Emails view will replace existing Tracked, Snoozed, and Scheduled tabs on your Dashboard.
- Cofigurations of privacy settings: you can now control how much information Mailbutler stores about your emails. The new privacy setting affects how Mailbutler informs you of messages that are tracked, snoozed, scheduled, or attached with a Note / Task on your Activity Feed.
- It's now possible to activate Email Tracking and Link Tracking independently.
- Optimized date selection for Send Later
- It was confusing to press the same Snooze button to unsnooze an email. So we created a new icon for unsnooze purposes.
- Improved look and feel of Notes, Tasks, Templates and Snippets tabs.
- It's now easier to create and manage personal Signatures, and to manage your Custom Signature templates (shareable across Mailbutler teams).
- You can now see how often you used a certain Message Template and even what the expected open rate is
- General performance improvements of the dashboard
- Fixed an issue where Send Later's delivery date preview doesn't show correctly.
- More fixes regarding integration of Notes and Tasks with external services
- Fixed an issue causing Send Later to never finish.
- Fixed an issue causing Tracked details to display incorrectly. No more jumping around or incorrect resizing.
- We fixed the issue where Options window is not scrollable. All options are now accessible again.
- Fixed notifications (email opened and task due date reminders) for some users
- Fixed an issue where users could not send messages under 10.11 El Capitan if one of the email addresses in the conversation was in their Contacts
- Icon of Tracking details are no longer missing for some users on macOS 10.11 El Capitan
- Fixed the issue where 'no details available' is sometimes shown on Menu bar's Activity Feed about your emails, when in fact, there are details available.
- Fixed some issues with certain IMAP and Exchange email accounts.
- More fixes regarding integration of Notes and Tasks with external services
- Some users with Mailhub also installed on Apple Mail had all of their preference tabs disappeared. We fixed that, now Mailbutler and Mailhub will coexist peacefully on your Mail app.
- Fixed notifications (email opened and task due date reminders) for some users