We’re getting email communication back to the 21st century.
Mailbutler is a steadily growing Berlin-based software development company. We’re a bootstrapped and profitable company, independent of any investors or external shareholders. Our vision is to provide elegant and intuitive solutions to maximize user’s’ everyday productivity. Our latest product, Mailbutler, is the market-leading productivity enhancement tool for Apple Mail and Gmail.
We're looking for a Senior Full-Stack/Backend Developer | Ruby on Rails to join our team in Berlin!
About the roleAs a Senior Full-Stack Developer at Mailbutler, you will be working on the core of our Mailbutler service: Its backend. Our backend is based on Ruby on Rails with a Postgres database, deployed via Docker containers on AWS. Mailbutler's backend provides all the heavy-lifting to our various frontends, such as delivering scheduled emails, or snoozing and tracking emails.
- Strong logical thinking skills and proven persistence in problem solving (e.g. achieved through a BSC or MSC in Math, Computer Science or Engineering)
- Work experience in backend or full-stack development and software engineering
- Experience working with modern frameworks, such as Ruby on Rails, Node.js or similar
- Strong software engineering practices including design patterns, testing and CI
- Deliver high quality applications from designing and iterating new features into production in short sprint cycles
- Independently build and maintain and take on ownership of software modules and services
- Have immediate impact on the success of our product line
- Contribute ideas and realize projects that are used actively by thousands of users all around the world
- Freedom to design and use the latest technologies where relevant (“Best tool for the job” approach)
- Stay on top of current industry trends and join tech conferences to present your work, and meet-ups all around the globe
- A long-term career perspective at a thriving software company in the heart of Berlin
- Flat hierarchy and plenty of responsibilities from the start
- Contribute to the success of a successful service already used actively by thousands of users all around the world
- Our team has over 10 years of experience in software development for macOS and other platforms
- Enjoy the freedom and ownership of your work, and measure your success
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware of your choice
- As much coffee, soft drinks and Club Mate as you can handle
Do you have what it takes to join our team?
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll get in touch with you as soon as possible. We look forward to your application!