6 Money-Saving Tips for Email Marketing
In this article Mailbutler talks about email marketing practices that can help you cut costs without sacrificing returns.
Tiffany studied Language and Economics, and now likes to write about business topics and conduct interviews with interesting people. She spends her free time looking after her plants and with her dog.
An audience requires more and more speed and convenience in interacting with brands. That is why, most companies no longer send their booklets to customers' homes, but instead, communicate with them in instant messengers using chatbots.
At the moment, this method of interaction is the most convenient, economical and effective, but nevertheless, email marketing is still alive.
If you have already realized the need for changing approaches to communicating with the target audience, and at the same time do not want to give up the benefits of email marketing, it means that you just have to save on this task without losing a useful result.
In this article, we talk about email marketing practices that can help you cut costs without sacrificing returns.
Use Free Services
Popular services that use most brands use this is not the only opportunity existing in the technology market. It is real to create an email marketing company for free.
Check out these tools that will allow you to do this. Yes, the available functions will not be so wide, and most likely, if your audience is huge, you will not be able to do everything for free, but you will get the basic features anyway.
Like most popular solutions, free tools make it possible to create templates, develop chains of letters, personalize, add unique graphics and conduct test campaigns.
Try it yourself and you will notice that the cost of email marketing has decreased, and the level of sales did not begin to suffer from this.
Design Working CTA
When users receive an attractive letter but do not understand what companies want from them, this is a bad trend. Since you want to reduce the cost of e-mail newsletters, every letter must hit exactly the target.
And the key to this is a correct, attractive and working call to action. We can say that this is the basis of your entire letter, and if the call to action is weak, then the target action will not be carried out.
And the money has already been invested. Therefore, your task is to develop such a call to action, so that each transition to the site and target action maximally covers the cost of email marketing, plus gives you a net profit.
Use Letters Only Where You Need It
As we said at the beginning of the article, email marketing is not the only way to communicate with the target audience. To save on this task, send letters to your subscribers only when it is needed.
It is completely optional to send a million letters if you have added several new products to your store.
Tell about it on your website, on social networks and with the help of instant messengers.
It is not necessary to send letters for minor reasons when there are other, more effective and economical ways to send a notification or start a dialogue.
Recommended reading: How to easily drive conversions with email signature marketing
Conversely, leave letters for particularly important occasions.
For example, if you plan to take part in an exhibition or another event, you decide to do global rebranding or completely update the assortment, website design and move the real point of sale to other places, it’s worth sending an official letter.
And of course, talk about this in other channels as well.
Decide on the Desired Result
If your goal is to save on email marketing, then you will have to adapt your strategy a bit. How did you measure the effectiveness of the newsletters before making this decision?
Based on the answers to this question, think over which indicators remain the most important for you, and determine what you will consider a good result if you reduce the cost of email marketing campaigns.
Set an Upper Limit on Your Budget for Email Marketing
The best way to save money is to set the maximum permissible limit.
Review your marketing strategy as a whole and determine how much you can freely allocate to email marketing without harming other communication channels that you consider to be the most promising for your company.
Learn more about: Best practices for writing cold emails
Further, you will have to return to the free services that we have listed, and choose either the free or the most budget option, which will best meet your needs.
Optimize Your Email as Much as Possible
To get the maximum result for the least money, you need to carefully think through the structure of each letter and the marketing message that it will contain.
It is much more reasonable to send two letters that will bring results than to spam a dozen letters that users will stop opening after receiving the fifth. Therefore, pay attention to the following points.
- Your letter should have an interesting subject
- It should contain a clear and attractive headline
- The template should be made in the brand style
- Images should load quickly
- Links must be clickable
- The letter should be displayed correctly from any device
- The call to action that we have talked about should be as motivating as possible.
Following this rule, you have the opportunity to get a higher open rate and a greater likelihood that users will commit the target action. One letter created taking into account all the requirements can bring a much greater effect than several ill-conceived letters.
Money-Saving Tips for Email Marketing FAQs
What should I budget for email marketing?
It depends on whether you want to be in charge of your own email marketing campaigns or hire an agency.
If you choose the first option, you can expect to spend anywhere between $10 and $1,000 on a monthly basis depending on the email marketing service you opt for and the length of your email list.
If, on the other hand, you decide to work with email marketing experts, you’ll probably spend somewhere between $300 and $500 a month.
What are effective email marketing tips?
Some of the most useful email marketing tips include:
- Segment your contact list. One of the easiest ways to get personal in your emails is to segment your contact list. Divide your current and prospective customers into groups based on certain common attributes (age group, geographical location, hobbies, interests, etc.). This will allow you to craft unique, relevant, and personalized content.
- Personalize your emails. In addition to addressing your recipients by name, you can personalize your email marketing campaigns by sending timely messages and anticipating your recipients’ needs. To be able to do this successfully, you’ll need to do your homework and collect relevant information from your subscribers.
- Automate your messages. Email automation saves you time, improves the efficiency of your email marketing campaign, and allows you to scale easily.
- Always provide value to your recipients. Before you start composing an email, think about whether your subscribers will benefit from what you want to share. If the content is not relevant to them, chances are you shouldn’t hit send.
- Don’t forget to test. A/B testing means sending one version of your campaign to one chunk of your subscribers and a different version to another group of subscribers. The goal is to see which version performs better and use its key elements to improve your campaigns.
How do you maximize the market value of email?
There are numerous ways to maximize the value of your email marketing campaign, including:
- Write a clear CTA. Always let your recipients know what you want them to do once they read your email.
- Talk about one product or service. This way, you won’t confuse or overwhelm your readers.
- Add beautiful images. People are more likely to read your email and, as a result, take action if your text is accompanied by an image or two.
How much do newsletters cost?
On average, email newsletters cost $100 a year or $11 a month. You can, however, price your subscription newsletter higher if you provide premium content.
The desire to reduce the cost of email marketing is justified since the recent trend is that the letters began to receive less and less response, and the open rate is gradually falling.
The audience goes to messengers and social networks. Although, of course, there are businesses and audiences for which email remains the main channel of interaction why not save a little without losing the result?
Would you like to learn more about emailing and productivity? Read this interesting article "Tips to Foster Productivity across Your Organization" from our guest contributor Amanda Jerelyn.
Discover 2024's best free email providers: Find the perfect blend of features, storage, and privacy tailored to your needs.
11 min read
Discover the essentials of managing company email signatures: Learn how to create, distribute, and manage corporate email signatures.
8 min read