The benefits of email collaboration
Two heads are always better than one. Collaborating on your emails brings with it a multitude of benefits. Not only can you share the workload with a colleague (or multiple colleagues), you can also turn your inbox into a sort of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool, collaborating on clients and keeping all your communication with customers in one place.
On top of this, email collaboration enables you to easily share tasks and information with all your team members, meaning everyone stays up to date with what's going on and what needs to be completed. And there are many other benefits, too. Working together really is better.
Improve your email collaboration with Mailbutler
So what's the easiest way to work together, then? With Mailbutler, of course.
The Mailbutler Collaborators feature gives you all the benefits of a CRM without the steep learning curve or expense. Simply add new collaborators using their email address, and in two clicks you can share notes, tasks, signatures, templates, and contacts with them.
Use the Mailbutler Collaborators feature to make sure your whole team always stays up to date with then latest information, the newest tasks that need to be completed, and the most important new contacts. Then, ensure they all stay on-brand by using the same team signatures and templates.
Examples to improve collaboration in the workplace
I use the Mailbutler Collaborators feature to improve my email communication with potential guest writers and with my team members:
- Shared signatures - By using one team signature and sharing it with my teammates, I can ensure that all of our email communication stays consistent and on-brand.
- Shared tasks - I can quickly delegate work to other members of my team by creating tasks from the emails I receive. Sharing them with my teammates is instant, and then I know that everything that needs to get done, will get done.
- Shared notes - If I ever need to quickly share some important information with another member of my team, instead of forwarding the email and making them read through our long conversation thread, I can simply attach a note to the message or to the contact and share it with my colleague.
- Shared contacts - As well as adding tasks and notes, if I quickly need to share a contact with someone, Mailbutler lets me do this. But instead of just sending my teammate their email address, I can include extra information in the contact, including custom fields of my own choosing, and share it all in one go.
James Alston, Content Marketing Manager, Mailbutler.io
Email Collaboration in Your Inbox
Easily work and communicate with your team without leaving your inbox.
Email-based collaborative tools
To make sure our teams operate effectively and efficiently, we implement the following email-based collaborative tools:
- Online shared drives - We organize the data needed for each project in online shared drives so that everyone involved has access to it instantly. This cuts down on time spent sending emails back and forth while enabling people to work together simultaneously in real-time across multiple devices.
- Automated notifications - With automated notifications enabled, all stakeholders get notified when new files are added or changes are made so everybody stays up-to-date with what’s going on quickly without having to continually check their emails manually for updates.
- Task tracking systems - The tasks associated with each project can be easily tracked through task tracking systems like JIRA and Trello which provide a complete overview of who is assigned what tasks within a project environment – thus ensuring everything gets done in time without anything falling through the cracks!
- Discussion threads - Discussion threads enable teams to have conversations about specific topics pertaining to projects more conveniently than using email alone as they remain organized in one place even if multiple users comment over a period of days or weeks! This allows for easy reference points when required after lengthy conversations take place rather than having to scroll through lots of individual emails sent between parties separately over long periods of time!
Richard Nolan, Chief People Officer, Epos Now
Delegating tasks through email collaboration is an effective way to ensure that everyone knows what needs to be done and who is responsible for completing each task. By sending an email outlining the specific tasks and assigning them to team members, you can help to prevent confusion and ensure that everyone is clear about their responsibilities.
Encouraging team members to respond with any questions or concerns also allows for dialogue around task completion, which can help to ensure that tasks are completed effectively and efficiently.
Leo Ye, Founder & CEO, Cubo Inc
At Billdu, we believe that effective email team collaboration is necessary for us to achieve our mission of helping small businesses succeed. By utilizing the power of email, our team members can work together seamlessly and exchange information and ideas instantly.
By leveraging email team collaboration, we can streamline workflows, coordinate tasks and projects, and stay connected with our team members in real-time, no matter where they are located. This ultimately leads to greater productivity, improved results, and better service for our customers.
For example, our marketing team uses email to work together on a new campaign. They use email to exchange ideas, provide updates, and assign tasks to team members. This helps to keep everyone on the same page and ensure the project is completed on time and within budget.
David Facko, Growth Marketer, Billdu
Depersonalize your email marketing campaigns
Here is how my team collaborates with an email.
Our email marketing campaigns sometimes require using the depersonalized username instead of the real name and surname (i.e. “firstname.lastname@example.org” rather than “email@example.com”).
It’s crucial in the case of mass sending, as our two employees became victims of phishing activity in the past. We use Google Collaborative Inbox for those purposes. Each campaign is labeled with an appropriate name and color to make my team members easily operate inside the inbox.
Natalia Brzezinska, Marketing Manager, PhotoAiD
As you can see, email collaboration really is an essential tool to maximize your chances of success. From labeling emails to delegating tasks to keep all information centralized so everyone can access it, collaboration helps to keep you at the top of your game.
And there are many tools to improve your email collaboration - the best being, of course, Mailbutler!