Activate Mail Plugins: How to enable Mail plugins in macOS Big Sur
How does Mailbutler work in the latest Apple iOS update? Don't worry - Mailbutler is here to take you through the process, step by step.
James has five years' experience as a Content Marketer, bylines on Left Foot Forward, Submittable, and INOMICS, and a Master's in History. In his free time he likes to read, play guitar, and write for his personal blog.
In the Apple Mail app on mac Big Sur and later, users will need to manually activate any plugins they’ve installed. With the Big Sur-compatible version of Mailbutler installed, and before you start using your inbox with Mailbutler, you’ll need to first activate the app manually through your Apple Mail Preferences and restart Mail.
In this quick post we’ll guide you through the steps to enable your plugins on Apple Mail in macOS Big Sur and anything which might come after that.
How to activate Mail plugins in Big Sur
- Open Apple Mail and click Preferences…
- Click on Manage Plug-ins in the General tab
- Activate the plugin Mailbutler.mailbundle by checking the checkbox
- Click Apply and Restart Mail
- Open Apple Mail and start using Mailbutler!
It’s as simple as that – Mailbutler is now enabled and will start working in Apple Mail!
If you are on Big Sur (11.2.1) or later, and you don’t even see the Manage Plug-ins button, please read our article Manage Plug-ins button is gone from Apple Mail.
What’s new to Mail in macOS Big Sur?
Mail in macOS Big Sur comes with a couple of new features:
- Get reminder suggestions in Mail which are recognised by Siri
- New full-height sidebars which makes it easier to track your inbox
- New symbols for apps in toolbars, sidebars and controls, some of which are shared by apps which share common tasks, such as Mail and Calender
- Interactive notifications, on which you can click and take immediate action, such as replying to an email
Mailbutler’s extension for macOS Mail comes fully compatible with Big Sur and boosts your inbox with time-saving features such as:
- Email Tracking
- Send Later
- Email Signatures
- Message Templates
- Email Notes and Tasks
- …and a lot more.
Mailbutler's Shared Notes feature allows you to add notes to your emails that can be shared with your team, increasing productivity and efficiency.
2 min read
Mailbutler’s powerful BCC to CRM feature allows salespeople to BCC information to their Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.