Track your emails to find out if they or the links inside them have been opened
Stay on top of your email correspondence with insights into open times, location and device to make informed decisions about your next step. Keep track of your messages and prioritize your most engaged prospects with Mailbutler's email tracker.
- Available on Apple Mail, Outlook, Gmail and Mobile (iOS/Android)
- On-demand email and link tracking
- Location, device, email client and OS insights
100 000+ professionals
are using Mailbutler
What Mailbutler users say about Tracking
Senior Audit Student, Concordia University
The feature lets me know as soon as my sent email is opened by the receiver. I follow up any emails that have been marked as opened. What a great feature!
Business Development & Strategic Partnership Consultant
Part of my job has me sending cold emails. When I follow up with potential clients, I always adjust my follow-up email depending on whether the person has read the previous email or not.
The Tracking feature is my favorite feature. It integrates seamlessly with notifications, letting you know that your customers and coworkers are on the topics you are still missing. Especially for multi-project managers with a lot of emails super helpful!
Know what happens after you click send
Optimize your messages
Mailbutler's email tracking feature provides you with data on the open rates of your email templates. Test different subject lines and preview text to identify your best performing content.
Stay notified of when your emails are opened, wherever you are. Be it on your desktop or mobile device you will instantly know when your tracked email was read and have ample time to plan your next follow-up.
Mailbutler is fully GDPR compliant. We take privacy seriously and never share your data with third parties. And with our servers located in the EU, you can rest assured that your data is handled in line with the strictest privacy and security regulations.
Tracking for Your Email Client
Tracking is a Mailbutler feature available for Outlook, Apple Mail and Gmail. It provides users with information on the date & time and the recipient’s location, device and OS of when an email or link was opened. Professional users enjoy unlimited open tracking while business subscribers have the added benefit of unlimited link tracking.
See how Tracking works in your email client by following the tabs above ➔
Email Tracking for Outlook
Mailbutler provides you with reliable tracking data you can trust. Unlike with read receipts, you will always know when your email has been opened without the need of confirmation by the recipient and regardless of the email client they use.
How to track emails in Outlook
Find out how to see if someone read your emails in Outlook by following the steps below.
- Download and install Mailbutler for Outlook
- Start composing a new message
- Open Mailbutler and check the Enable Tracking box
- If you would like your links to be tracked as well, check the Enable Link Tracking box
- Send your email
- You can check whether your email was opened by going to your Sent folder, selecting your email and opening Mailbutler
- If tracking is active but the recipient still hasn’t opened your email – a single grey checkmark is shown
- A blue double checkmark is shown if your email has been opened, alongside the date and time of the first open
Email Tracking for Gmail
Mailbutler’s email tracker becomes a seamless part of your daily emailing through an easy-to-install Chrome extension that integrates with your inbox. Receive real-time read receipts of your email opens through Chrome notifications. A must-have tool for any Gmail user.
How to track emails in Gmail
Learn how to tell if your email has been read in Gmail by following the step by step instructions below.
- Download and install Mailbutler for Gmail
- Start to write your email
- Click on the Tracking icon and check the Enable tracking box
- To also track the links in your email, check the Enable link tracking box as well
- Send your email when you’re done
To check whether your email was opened, go to your Sent folder.
• A single grey checkmark next to your email shows that your email hasn’t been opened yet.
• If the recipient has opened your email, a blue double checkmark is shown.
Email Tracking for Apple Mail
Mailbutler adds read receipt functionality which is seamlessly integrated into the interface that you know and love. Tracking is easy to use and gives Apple Mail users the critical information they need at a glance. A one-click solution in line with your workflow.
How to track emails in Apple Mail
Find out how to see if your emails were read with Apple Mail on macOS by following the steps below.
- Download and install Mailbutler for Apple Mail
- Compose your email
- Select Track from the dropdown menu next to the tracking icon
- To also track the links inside your email, select Track Links from the dropdown menu
- Send your email
- You can check the status of your tracked emails in your Sent folder
- If your email has been read, a blue double checkmark will appear next to the recipient
- A single grey checkmark shows that tracking is active, but your email hasn’t been opened yet
Email Tracking for iOS and Android
With Mailbutler’s mobile app for Android and iOS, you can send tracked emails and see the tracking status of sent email and receive push notifications for email or link opens. Have all the important data you need anywhere you go!
How to track emails on iOS and Android
Learn how to track your emails from your iPhone or Android device and know whether they have been read by following a few easy steps.
- Download the Mailbutler mobile app from the App Store or Google Play Store
- Start composing a new email by clicking on the airplane icon in the Emails tab
- Click on the Tracking icon and enable Tracking / Link Tracking
- Send your email after you've finished writing it
You can also view the tracking details of your emails in the app. To check the status of your sent emails:
- Select the email you want to check in the Emails tab
- Swipe that Email to the right to see when your Email was first opened and first replied to.
- Swiping further will reveal more specific Tracking details.
Stop missing opportunities because of lost or forgotten emails. Mailbutler’s Follow-up keeps you in the loop and always on top of your email game.
Leave a lasting impression, drive conversions and promote your brand easily with Mailbutler’s professional signature templates.
One way ticket to Inbox Zero. Snooze your messages for later, stay focused and manage emails the way that fits your workflow.
Always stay on top of important details by adding notes to emails. Share notes with your team to improve communication efficiency.
Turn emails into tasks and manage your inbox the smart way. Sync your email tasks with your favorite third part app to skyrocket your productivity.
Turn frequently written emails into templates to save time on email. Access your Mailbutler templates with one click from your favorite email client.
Reach you prospects at the perfect time with Mailbutler’s Send Later feature. Never worry about sending that awkward late-nigh email again.
Manage your contacts like a pro! – notes, tasks, analytics & more. Gain the benefits of a CRM without leaving your inbox.
Avoid your next embarrassing mistake when sending an important email. Undo Send makes recalling emails just as easy as it is to overlook them.
BCC to CRM
Automatically send a copy of your outgoing messages to your CRM of choice – streamline your communication and keep your data bundled.