5 best Yesware alternatives
Read on to find out what the top 5 alternatives to Yesware are and why you should switch to one of them straight away.
James has five years' experience as a Content Marketer, bylines on Left Foot Forward, Submittable, and INOMICS, and a Master's in History. In his free time he likes to read, play guitar, and write for his personal blog.
When it comes to email outreach software, Yesware is without a doubt a household name.
Sales teams from all over the world use this app to create multi-channel campaigns, track outgoing emails, links, and attachments, and get valuable engagement data to see what they’re doing right and what isn’t working – the ones that use Gmail and Outlook, that is.
However, Yesware is one of the most expensive email extensions on the market.
Yes, it has a free-forever monthly plan, but it comes with basic features and quite a few limitations (for example, Yesware’s free email open and link click tracking tool covers only emails sent less than a day ago).
Additionally, Yesware’s email templates are too restricted and complicated to change, while its email scheduling feature is available only to its Gmail users.
What’s more, some people have said the messages they sent using Yesware’s tracking tool ended up in the spam folder, which makes the feature practically useless.
Luckily, there are plenty of free and reliable Yesware alternatives to choose from.
Read on to find out what the top 5 alternatives to Yesware are and why you should switch to one of them straight away.
Top 5 Yesware alternatives in 2023
1. Mailbutler: Best overall Yesware alternative
Mailbutler is a powerful email productivity extension for Gmail, Outlook, and Apple Mail. It’s the number-one Yesware alternative currently on the market for three main reasons:
1: Mailbutler offers a robust suite of inbox-enhancing and time-saving features
In addition to advanced email tracking and easy-to-use message templates, Mailbutler users have access to several other handy features, including professional email signatures, smart email scheduling, undo send, snooze, notes and tasks (including follow-up reminders), and email collaboration.
Here’s what you can accomplish with some of them:
- Advanced email tracking. Mailbutler allows you to track both email opens and link clicks. You can see when, where, and how many times your emails and links have been opened and clicked respectively. You can also choose to receive real-time notifications on your desktop computer and/or the Mailbutler mobile app. This can help you save time and significantly improve your follow-up efforts as you’ll no longer have to wonder if your recipients are interested in what you have to say.
- Personalized email templates. As a Mailbutler user, you can set up go-to message templates for various scenarios, including sales pitches, quotes, follow-up emails, invoices, and many more. Mailbutler lets you create message templates from scratch or edit and use pre-made ones. Last but not least, Mailbutler’s email templates feature comes with personalized placeholders such as the recipient’s first name, the sender’s first name, and the sender’s company. These placeholders are easy to insert and get automatically filled out with your contact’s details without you having to do anything.
- Professionally-designed email signatures. Email signatures have become an extremely important part of email marketing and Mailbutler knows it. Mailbutler lets all of its users create professional email signatures using its pre-made email signature templates. This means you don’t need any special skills to start reaping the benefits of email signature marketing. All you have to do is fill in your details, upload your picture, and add social media buttons. Plus, Mailbutler’s email signatures are responsive, which allows for a streamlined experience across all devices.
- Smart email scheduling. Unlike Yesware, Mailbutler offers a smart send later feature for users on Apple Mail, Gmail, and Outlook, not just the ones who use Gmail. This tool allows you to schedule messages for later delivery so you can work on your email correspondence whenever inspiration strikes. But what really makes Mailbutler’s Smart Send Later feature superior to Yesware’s email scheduling is the possibility to improve the timing of your emails with its unique Recipient Optimized Scheduling tool.
- Email collaboration. As a Mailbutler user, you can share notes, tasks, contacts, message templates, and email signatures with whomever you want as long as they use Mailbutler, too. This way, you can keep your teammates up to date and maintain brand consistency.
You can now see why Mailbutler is a great choice for freelancers, small businesses, and large teams in just about any industry.
2: Mailbutler’s plans are much more affordable
Apart from a 14-day free trial that gives you access to all its premium features as well as a generous free plan, Mailbutler also has three paid packages: Professional, Professional+, and Business.
Mailbutler’s richest bundle is just $29.95 per user per month and comes with an impressive set of features.
These include advanced email and link tracking, detailed tracking insights, smart send later, contact analytics, third-party app integrations, and priority customer support.
Yesware’s two highest pricing plans, on the other hand, cost $35 and $65 per seat per month.
Unsurprisingly, these steep prices are a cause for pause for many users.
3: Mailbutler lets its users be part of its development process
As a Mailbutler user, you can submit feature requests on its website.
In other words, you can share your insights into how Mailbutler can optimize its existing tools or pitch ideas about brand-new ones and have them reviewed by Mailbutler’s development team.
This isn’t an option for Yesware users.
Yesware vs Mailbutler: Summary
- Yesware is mainly geared toward sales professionals, while Mailbutler offers inbox-boosting solutions to all sorts of teams
- Yesware’s free version is extremely limited, while Mailbutler’s generous free plan puts email open tracking, smart send later, undo send, email signatures, and a few other features at your disposal
- Mailbutler lets you be part of its development journey by submitting feature requests, while Yesware isn’t really open to such suggestions
2. Right Inbox
Right Inbox is another cost-effective alternative to Yesware.
It provides Gmail users with a collection of intuitive, inbox-boosting features, including email tracking, email scheduling, email reminders, message templates, email sequences, recurring messages, and signatures.
Read on to find out what you can achieve with some of them.
- Email tracking. Right Inbox allows you to track important emails and links. You can see when and how many times your emails and the links you’ve included in them have been opened and clicked respectively. As a sales rep, this information can help you plan and improve your follow-up strategy.
- Email scheduling. As a Right Inbox subscriber, you can schedule emails to be sent whenever you see fit. Additionally, Right Inbox automatically detects your recipient’s time zone, helping you stay professional by sending emails at the right time for them.
- Email reminders. With Right Inbox integrated into your Gmail inbox, you can set automatic follow-up reminders and seize every business opportunity that comes your way.
- Recurring emails. Last but not least, Right Inbox lets you save time by automating repetitive emails such as monthly invoices, meetings agendas, and usage reports. This is a fantastic feature for large sales teams and companies in general.
Right Inbox’s pricing is very competitive – it starts at $9.95 per month. However, Right Inbox bills its users annually, which means you have to commit to a yearly subscription if you want to go with a premium plan.
In addition to its paid plans, Right Inbox has a free version as well. It, however, includes tracking, reminders, private notes, and scheduling for only 5 emails a month, which doesn’t make it suitable for large organizations, at least not for long-term use. If you want to find out what the best Right Inbox alternatives are, check out our dedicated blog post.
3. Cirrus Insight
If you’re looking for a Yesware alternative that can help you boost your salesforce productivity for a lower price, then Cirrus Insight might be ideal for you. It works with Gmail, Outlook, and Office 365 and provides an impressive selection of features, including:
- Email blasts. Cirrus Insight caters to customer-facing teams, which is why it allows its users to send out personalized mass emails with a single click. As a Cirrus Insight subscriber, you can prospect faster by using your salesforce reports to auto-populate your email recipient lists.
- Attachment tracking. Cirrus Insight lets you track how your prospects engage with the attachments you add to your emails. This helps you identify prospects who show great interest in your content and prospects who might be going cold and take the necessary actions to push your sales conversations forward.
- Salesforce sidebar. As a Cirrus Insight user, you can manage all your contacts, leads, tasks, and opportunities directly from your inbox. For instance, you can view your calendar and see when you have time for a quick meeting. There’s also a work tab that shows you all your assigned to-dos.
When it comes to plans, Cirrus Insight has some room for improvement as it doesn’t have a free version.
However, it offers a 14-day free trial which is more than enough time to test-drive its tools and decide whether it suits your needs.
Plus, its best bundle costs only $29 per user per month, while Yesware’s two highest pricing plans come in at $35 and $65 per seat per month.
Mixmax is an increasingly popular sales engagement platform for Gmail users. It makes for a solid Yesware alternative thanks to its competitive pricing and wealth of useful features. Some of the most significant ones are:
- Email tracking and insights. As a Mixmax subscriber, you can see how many opens, link clicks, replies, and content downloads each of your emails get and use this information to identify your top performers.
- Email templates. Mixmax also allows you to create and share unlimited business email templates with your teammates. This way, you won’t have to rewrite the same message time and again, and will always stay on-brand. But what really makes this Mixmax feature invaluable is the possibility to measure the engagement rates of your template designs and work on the ones that aren’t producing satisfactory results.
- One-click meeting scheduling. As a Mixmax user, you can send your contacts one-click meeting request emails. All you need to do is share your availability by adding clickable dates and times to your messages. You can also add your Google Calendar and cut the back and forth.
- Send later. As the name suggests, Mixmax’s send later feature lets you schedule emails to be sent later, i.e. at the right time for your recipients. This is basically a must-have functionality for anyone who uses email as a primary communication tool.
In addition to a 14-day full-access trial, Mixmax offers a free plan which includes instant appointment scheduling, message templates, email polls and surveys, and tracking for 100 emails per month.
What’s more, Mixmax has four premium plans: SMB (small and midsize business), Growth, Growth + Salesforce, and Enterprise. Its pricing starts at $24 per user per month billed annually or $29 per user per month billed monthly.
5. Boomerang for Gmail
Boomerang for Gmail is an easy-to-use, feature-rich alternative to Yesware. Here’s what its most expensive subscription comes with:
- Read receipts and click tracking. With Boomerang installed on your computer, you receive notifications when an email you’ve sent gets opened. You can also see which of the links you’ve included in your emails have been clicked and how many times. You can use this information to improve your follow-up strategy and results.
- Recurring messages. This feature lets you write and send emails at any regular interval you choose. It can save you the bother of composing and sending reminders, payroll requests, invoices, meeting agendas, and other types of repetitive messages.
- Inbox pause. Boomerang for Gmail also allows you to stop new messages from coming into your inbox. If there are emails that require your immediate attention, however, you can apply advanced delivery exceptions and get notified about them when they hit your mailbox.
- Respondable. This is an AI-powered tool that helps you write more effective emails by assessing your subject lines, reading level, and tone of voice. Both beginners and professionals can benefit from it.
Boomerang for Gmail has a generous 30-day free trial, a free-forever plan, and three premium subscriptions. Its pricing starts at $4.98 per month billed annually. If you are interested, you can check out our dedicated blog post on the best Boomerang for Gmail alternatives.
Is there a free version of Yesware?
Yes, there is. Apart from a 14-day free trial, Yesware has a free-forever plan as well. However, this plan gives you access to a few basic features and entitles you only to email customer support. Many free Yesware alternatives offer a lot more.
Is Yesware safe to use?
Yes, it is. Yesware utilizes special internet protocols for user authentication and doesn’t access its users’ Gmail or Outlook passwords.
There’s no denying that Yesware offers great email outreach solutions for sales teams.
However, those who can’t afford a premium Yesware subscription have to settle for the extremely limited free plan and get very little done.
Another option, of course, is to go with a more cost-effective or free Yesware alternative.
Mailbutler is the obvious first choice here as its free plan includes a decent selection of tried-and-tested features, while its premium bundles are packed with inbox-enhancing features and significantly more affordable than Yesware’s paid subscriptions.
In this post we share everything you need to know about email automation. Learn about the best ways to automate your email marketing.
9 min read
Take control of your inbox and turn your emails into productive tasks. If you are wondering how check out these 11 creative use cases.
7 min read